This coming September will mark ten years since the Lehman Brothers collapse – the straw that broke the global financial system into shambles. Now, ten years later, regulatory and technological changes have transformed finance. New laws designed to rebuild confidence in the system inadvertently gave rise to the ecosystem of fintechs that, among other changes, challenge the fundamentals of a highly regulated financial system. Financial technology has empowered customers and led to greater financial inclusion around the world.
This year’s Finance Disrupted event will take place in the shadow of the global financial crisis’ ten-year anniversary. Taking into account the past decade, the event will look ahead to the next ten years, answering questions such as:
- Are the technological and regulatory shifts made over the last ten years enough to avoid catastrophe for the next ten?
- Have we managed to restore trust in the system—and what will it take to maintain it?
- Who will be the biggest financial players in a decade’s time?
Through The Economist‘s lens of analysis and debate we will bring together 250 policymakers, business executives and thought leaders to uncover whether or not today’s financial world is prepared for the future. Is the financial system really safe? And if not, what do we need to watch out for?
The Economist Events offers a truly global perspective on a country’s place in the world and its future outlook. With the newspaper’s characteristic clarity and wit, these summits offer fresh and challenging perspectives on the opportunities for the region.
Join us and you will:
- Network with more than 250 policymakers, senior business leaders, entrepreneurs and leading thinkers
- Engage in a day of high-level discussions around the future of the financial services industry as a result of digital disruption
- Join like-minded organizations invested in defining the future of fintech
Who should attend?
- Chief financial officers
- Chief information security officers
- Chief technology officers
- Chief strategy officers
- Heads/directors of banking and financial technology
- Heads/directors of strategy and risk
- Heads/directors of product and innovation
- Heads/directors of technology and IT
Testimonials from past conferences:
- “Excellent learning experience. Big opportunity to contrast points of view.” – Asesores del Milenio
- “The Oxford debate was by far the best part of the conference. Hearing speakers adamantly disagree on an issue is far more valuable than hearing unanimous agreement among the panelists. The debate actually changed my thinking on FANGs vs Fintechs being threats to banks.” – HSBC
- “Great mix of panelists, different from the usual FinTech circuits. Good balance of industry, background and seniority.” – Capital One
- “Finance Disrupted provided another year of important insight, healthy debate and an invaluable look into the future.” – FTI Consulting
- “Very informative, good content, good speakers, good connectivity.” – PwC
Companies in attendance last year included:
Finance Disrupted 2017 brought 300 international industry leaders together to discuss the maturation of fintech. Watch the highlights from the summit below, and then be sure to secure your place for the 2018 event for a forward looking discussion on the financial world’s next ten years.
The Economist Events
About the Organizers
The Economist Events bring together top thinkers from around the world, and you, to discuss and debate the most important ideas of our time.
Visited 52 times, 2 Visits today